- Draymond Green Net Worth: $37 Million
- Green’s Salary: $16.4 Million
About Draymond Green
Draymond Green is an American basketball player who was born on March 4, 1990 in Saginaw, Michigan. He currently plays for the Golden State Warriors with Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. Draymond Green has won 2 NBA championships so far during his NBA career. Green was 35th overall pick during the 2012 NBA draft. He was drafted by the Warriors. Currently he makes $16.4 million yearly from his five year $82 million contract which he signed in July 2015.
Draymond Green’s Early Basketball Life
Draymond started his basketball career when he went to High School in Saginaw Michigan. He played for coach Lou Dawkins. He won a Class A State Championship at Saginaw High School where he was a fourth-team Parade All-American.
Green decided to go play college basketball for Michigan State. While playing he accomplished a list of things :
- Big Ten Sixth Man Year in 2010
- A two time third team all Big Ten selection
- In 2012, was first All Big Ten, Big Ten All Defensive Team, Big Ten Player of the year, Consensus first team All American, and NABC National player of the year.
10 Interesting Facts About Draymond Green
- Green lost $206, 644 in fines and suspension in the 2016 season. Last season, he became the first Michigan State player to make the All-NBA 2nd Team since Magic Johnson.
- Draymond reportedly watched Game 5 of the 2016 NBA Finals with NFL player Marshawn Lynch.
- He said his mom didn’t allow posters on the wall growing up “because the Bible says you don’t idolize man”
- His mother has more followers on Twitter than Warriors teammates Kevon Looney, Patrick McCaw and Damian Jones.
- He’s the unofficial DJ on the Warriors’ plane.
- The Warriors first signed him to a three-year, $2.6 million contract which turned out to be a major bargain
- He reads TechCrunch
- His nickname in college was ‘Dancing Bear’
- He knows the names of the 34 players selected ahead of him in the 2012 NBA Draft